Product Developer (Manufacturing/Buyer)
What's the Job?
We are now looking for a Product Developer to join our growing team in London. We are seeking a driven individual with a strong understanding of all of the relevant aspects of manufacturing. Everything from dealing with factories (mainly in the far east), product development and sampling, organising shipments, barcoding, SKU management and forecasting. Product and manufacturing plays a key role in our business. The role is to assist with the day to day production across all of our products and ensure we deliver the best possible products in the quickest time. You will liaise with clients, designers, various factories, the warehouse and internal team members to ensure projects hit deadlines, launch and are sent to the end customer smoothly.
The ideal candidate will thrive working within a start-up environment and combine strategic thinking and strong communication skills. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone to shape this role as well. As a company, we aim to create an entrepreneurial culture and encourage creativity and authority over your own role.
What you'll do
- Develop new product lines for your own set of clients
- Get specification of clients and our team, work with designers, factories to create products from idea to launch.
- Liaise with factories through WeChat, Whatsapp, Skype, Email etc.
- Manage deliveries and inbound information
- Admin of adding new products into the system, delivering information to the website team and ad hoc tasks.
- Work with the 4 person manufacturing team and assist our Manufacturing manager across any project as needed
- Research new product concepts, recycled materials, cosmetics and more.
- Support our LA team.
- Worked in greater London for at least 2 years in a similar role
- Has developed and worked on at least 10 different products from start to finish
- Has extensive knowledge of sourcing and the production timeline
- Understanding of SKU’s
- Understanding of the shipping timeline and process
- Understanding of the sampling process when dealing with factories
- Willingness to learn
- A can do, positive attitude
- Ability to understand tasks quickly and work independently
- Solid attention to detail across multiple clients and products
- Basic design knowledge of Photoshop / Illustrator
- Understanding of how factories operate
- Factory contacts
What you get
- A driven content team to work alongside
- Insight into what it takes to create content that gets results
- Free coffee
- Free breakfast on Wednesdays
- Monthly team socials